This is going to be challenging. I typed several "first postings" last night but discarded each because they just weren't good enough! You see, I've been snooping around in blog world for a few weeks now and some of you folks are very good writers and I don't want to stick out like a sore thumb for being so bad at writing. I've finally decided I just have to post - maybe I'll get better. First a little about myself so we can get to know each other. I'm 63 (WHAT!?!) years old and I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up. I've been a nurse for 42 years but I never really wanted to be a nurse. I wanted to be a teacher; my mother wanted me to be a nurse. For the past 20 years I've had the best of both worlds, teaching nursing in a small community college. I have three grown children and two grands. My grandson is autistic (high functioning) and he and his mother (my daughter) live with us. David, who is 15 years old, is really more like my fourth child than a grandchild. My granddaughter is just 2 years old and lives an hour away so I get to see her often. She is the apple of my eye. I call her my "doll baby".
I am planning to retire June 1 of next year and I hope that I will be able to blog my way into old age. Surely there are others out there who are in my position - you know, when you look in the mirror in the morning and wonder who in the world is that grey headed old fat woman in the mirror and where is that black haired beauty that once resided there? Lots of changes to cope with in a lifetime but it can be fun if you just make up your mind to have a positive attitude about it. Some days my attitude is a lot better than other.
My friend Judy (inserted picture), has been dead five years today. Just about the best friend I ever had on this earth. She was three years and three months younger than me and she died on her birthday. So, really today is her 60th birthday. We shared an office for fifteen years, were best friends for a little more than fifteen years, went to lunch together everyday, went to graduate school together, laughed, cried, fretted about our children and fussed about our husbands (she had two more than me) and then she was gone. Two months after she died, my mother died at age 91. I was a mess for a long time. There are lots of changes to cope with in a lifetime.
Can't dwell on the past. I'm moving on to the golden years! I hope they shine for me and you, too. Soon I hope to post pictures of my family, crafts, decorating and my precious puppies, too. Today, I'm just starting off and already I need to learn more about blogging to be able to do what I want. I want a beautiful blog like others out there. One thing for sure, I may be old but this old dog loves to learn new tricks. Later!
S.
I am planning to retire June 1 of next year and I hope that I will be able to blog my way into old age. Surely there are others out there who are in my position - you know, when you look in the mirror in the morning and wonder who in the world is that grey headed old fat woman in the mirror and where is that black haired beauty that once resided there? Lots of changes to cope with in a lifetime but it can be fun if you just make up your mind to have a positive attitude about it. Some days my attitude is a lot better than other.
My friend Judy (inserted picture), has been dead five years today. Just about the best friend I ever had on this earth. She was three years and three months younger than me and she died on her birthday. So, really today is her 60th birthday. We shared an office for fifteen years, were best friends for a little more than fifteen years, went to lunch together everyday, went to graduate school together, laughed, cried, fretted about our children and fussed about our husbands (she had two more than me) and then she was gone. Two months after she died, my mother died at age 91. I was a mess for a long time. There are lots of changes to cope with in a lifetime.Can't dwell on the past. I'm moving on to the golden years! I hope they shine for me and you, too. Soon I hope to post pictures of my family, crafts, decorating and my precious puppies, too. Today, I'm just starting off and already I need to learn more about blogging to be able to do what I want. I want a beautiful blog like others out there. One thing for sure, I may be old but this old dog loves to learn new tricks. Later!
S.
3 comments:
Hey Sharon. Love your blog. Glad to see there is another blogger within our small community college. It gets easier to post. I would spend hours trying to find right words but I found out that if I just write and post it, it usually is already perfect. Have fun blogging.
Thanks Apryl. This blogging is really great fun. I've spent this whole night trying to change the background to one of the cutest on the block but I can't figure out where to paste the code. I'll call you tomorrow for help if I have time. I'll for sure be checking your blog - it is wonderful!
Sharon,
The first thing you have to do is change your background to minima in blogger. Very Important. The backgrounds from cutest blog on the block will not work or will not work correctly if this is not changed. You put the code in gadgets(add a gadget) and choose html/java. A box will come up and copy the code to the box and save. Then view your blog. If it is not there, try the steps again. It took me a few times to get it right.
Post a Comment