Sunday, October 19, 2008

Busy Weekend!


My goodness, it's been a while since I posted anything but I have a good excuse - I've been busy! It has been a long and busy weekend and as I promised here is a picture of the new motor home. I still can't make my camera take as clear pictures as I know it is supposed to but at least you can get the idea. (I could probably do a lot better with it if I would read the instruction manual. I just mash buttons and see what happens.) It takes up our whole yard! The really good thing about it is that it is Alabama colors! It love that! I'm getting a really big Alabama "A" and put it on the back somewhere. The really good part is that DH is an Auburn fan and he's so happy that we got the motor home that he doesn't even care. He is like a kid at Christmas but all I see is a big ole money pit. Oh well, now for something really exciting - I got an award from my friend Sue over at The Cotton Patch. Now that is some really good encouragement for a new comer. Thanks, Sue! You have really tickled me pink! I didn't know exactly what to do with the award or how to "pick it up" so let me know if I didn't do it right. Also, I know I should pass it on to others but it'll have to wait until at least tomorrow night. I need to do a little reading and catching up with everyone tonight and it is nearing my bedtime. Another plus thanks to Sue is that several others have checked out my blog and left really kind remarks. Thanks everyone!! I hope yall check back often. Have a great week and God bless.

5 comments:

Sue said...

WOW! Get that A on the back and you, Jane, and me need to take it on a trip! You will love this. Make some pictures inside.

Lorrie said...

Wow Sharon--That's some motor home. I know you'll enjoy it once you're out on the road with it despite the gas prices. I love that you'll get to show your grandson David the country in it. Having that opportunity: Priceless (as the credit card commercial says!) Do you have your first trip planned?

Picket said...

Ohhhhhh weeeee...I love that...man I wish I had one!!! lol lol Oh how exciting that would be just to get in and go somewhere and see other parts of the country and have your own "CLEAN" sheets and comfort things around you..oh you lucky dawg you!!! lol lol

Unknown said...

Hey Sharon! Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog.
You have a beautiful blog! Love Stonewall & Harley. I want a black & brown Stonewall too! :(
I love the words of wisdom from your mother. OMG! I thought that was my mom speaking! Those words are certainly true.
About your RV...WHAT ARE YOU THINKING? Just kidding! Enjoy it! You are living my dream girlfriend! I want to take my grandkids to all the places you mentioned. Teach them about our country and it's history first hand.
Now lets talk dishes, I'm a collector of everything old and I love your grandpa's shaving cup!! Then there was your roasting pan, dang, I hate when things wear out, cause they don't make 'em now like they use to. I think you and I can go on and on.
Come by my back porch anytime and I'll stop by to see you. Maybe I'll get to take a little virtual trip with you sometime in that RV..hint..hint!

Zaroga said...

Wow! it is a big and beautiful. A lot of slide outs. Y'all won't be tripping over each other in there. Now I want to see the inside. :-)

I keep saying I'm going to put pictures on the walls of our trailer and still haven't done it after over a year.

I'm looking forward to reading about your first trip in the Big A Rig.

You asked about recipes one time. Other than the Slum Goodie we don't do much cooking when we are out in our travel trailer. You probably have a nice size freezer in this big rig.. take advantage of it. In the weeks before we are to go out I cook extra and freeze.. like meat loaf, soups, stews. Sometimes I do frozen entrees from the stores freezer. If I do decide to cook something when we are out I usually will cook enough for two days. We don't mind leftovers. My philosophy is to enjoy myself as much as possible when we go rving and that means spending less time cooking and more time fishing, hiking or just sitting and reading a book. Then there is watching the movie RV again :-)