Greetings from Mt Airy, North Carolina! We are here in the Mayberry Campground on Andy Taylor Blvd. A most beautiful view and an excellent campground. I would highly recommend it to anyone traveling in this area. And it is a bargain for $25 a night. Owners/operator are very nice and helpful.


We visited downtown Mt Airy this morning and saw Floyd's Barber Shop and Opie's Candy Shop, Slappy's Lunch and the Mt Airy Museum. Just so happened they were having and antique car show so we took in a few of those as well. Very hot here so short trip today. More tomorrow - the jail and Andy Griffith Theater.

Here we are on Main Street in downtown Mt Airy. All those cars lined up and backed into the parking spots were part of the antique car show. What really was alarming to me is that I can remember when MOST of them were new. I've even driven a few in my life time so what does that say about me? I must be vintage.

This is Opie's Candy Shop right next to Floyd's Barber Shop.

How long has it been since you have seen one of these old Coca Cola cases? I remember them from my childhood. In fact, downtown Mt Airy reminded me very, very much of the little southern town in which I grew up. In fact, it's my hometown with a purpose! More adventures tomorrow. Hope all these photos will upload. Till later-God bless!
2 comments:
I love Mt. Airy...we lived there for 2 years. If you get the chance, you need to get on the Parkway and go to Mabry's Mill. They have a restaurant where you can get really good buckwheat pancakes! Also the cornmeal that is ground (grist?) there is wonderful! *sigh* It's so pretty there!
Thanks for stopping by my blog.
I just posted the last Disney post....
Hope you will enjoy it.
Stop by when you have some time.
I love all my new blog friends. If there is anyway I can halp you in planning yur Disney trip, would be happy to.
Post a Comment