The older I get the more amazed I am at how life can change and does change so quickly. Our little Harley knows what I mean, I'm sure. Just think about his life for a minute. He was born January 21, 2002, in a kennel with lots of brothers and sisters and cousins all playing and having a good life. In March of that year he came home with us and started the slow process of learning to live the life of cherished, family pet! He was the adored pet for a whole year. Then, an older cousin came to live with us as well and that was not exactly to Harley's liking. He always liked getting all the attention and sleeping in bed with his people all by himself. As time went on he adjusted and even came to love Stonewall as a brother! They became fast friends and had a wonderful life. Then something happened a

bout two weeks ago.

Something, well evil, cometh! Harley and Stoney worked together like a well rehearsed team to route the stranger on her way with good riddance! But - it was no use; she wasn't budging! Finally, despite all our boys eff

orts, the battle was lost and the worst of all endings took place. The cat moved INSIDE! Never in all our life have we even had a cat, much less a cat in the house! Stoney and Harley continue to fight on to save their happy home, but, sadly the cat takes no heed to their protest. In fact, it seems she has actually stolen the heart of the king himself and displaced Harley entirely as the number one pet. Just look at how Pop watched the race

tonight. There is some hope, though. Even though the cat is in the house and has taken her stance on the shoulder of the man who has all his life been allergic to cats........ there is still room for Harley and Stone

wall. Can you see them? Harley is on Pop's left and Stoney is on his right, just like every night --except of course, for the cat on his shoulder. In life you just never know what adjustment you will be required to make!! The Bible says the lion and the lamb will lie down together, but I'm here to tell you that our household is witnessing a very chilling experiment with Harley and Star the cat! It remains to be see if they will ever lie down together in peace. Surely the boys will come to understand that this little kitty is no competition for them at all but according to the vet she only weighed 2.5 pounds at four months old so she needs a home and we can give her one. You know, Stonewall has even developed a taste for cat food!!! That should be no surprise; look at him!! He has a taste for all food. I'll keep you posted on how this one goes. Till later - God bess! Sharon
16 comments:
Oh, the cats, they never leave! They shed! I know, we have two cats....oh, and two dogs. What happened to us in our old age?????
That is too cute!
Adorable post, Sharon.
Awww...that is too sweet! Might have to get a bigger recliner, though!
Hi Sharon, This was a very cute story today... I loved it... Looks like you have a very full house now... Have they all been in the motorhome yet??? LOL LOL
HUGS,
Donna
My hubby is allergic to cats too. It would be wonderful if a cat could move in here but my puppies would have the same reaction as yours did. They seem to be adjusting. I am sure cat food is way more tasty than dog food.
Have a Wonderful Day!
from Roberta Anne
Such a sweet post. I was holding my breath for the build up...glad it was a cat and not something worse. Your little dachs make me miss mine.. little Badger, I'll see if I can post a picture of him. You know Luke and Prentiss have Chopper...he is a chocolate mini...and oh so BAD!!! not really, but he sure does try to protect them when strangers come around.
Oh Sharon ~ that is an adorable picture with all of them on your hubby's lap! And the cat on his shoulder...what a hoot!
I watched the race, but fell asleep when my Gordon lost...:(
Hugz,
Michele
What a sweet picture of your husband and all of them together.
Thanks for sharing it.
Blessings,
Elizabeth
Oh Sharon, that is so nice to see how animals of different kind get together. My heart just beamed as I look at the photo. :)
Well how CUTE is that. If I was hubby, I would have fallen fast asleep with all those warm, cuddling fuzzy faces!
It took awhile for our old cats to take to our new dog (this was years ago) but now they tolerate Molly okay. They even let her lick their faces and try to groom them. So maybe harmony will come!
~Jill
Those pictures are to cute. I think 'Star' is the perfect name.
We lost our sweet Fancy cocker spaniel a few weeks ago... an empty hole in our hearts and laps.
I'm glad you dropped by the cafe, come often!
Now that is a funny picture! I love it. What about you and your lap? Maybe one of them could find a spot on your lap.
Judy
Morning girl...that was such a great story! lol Love the new furbaby! I have had that 'new addition to the family' experience many times! lol Have a great weekend my friend!
Your post brings back memories of a few years ago when a very cold and hungry cat showed up at our house. We were never what I called "cat people." Never had one, never wanted one, but who could resist this lonely little stranger? After asking around the neighborhood to see if anyone knew where she belonged, when no one claimed her, we realized very quickly that she had found herself a new home with us.
We had 2 little Poms at that time, but before long, the cat and both dogs were living happily together. I am now down to one little Pom, but I'm thinking very seriously about adding a little kitten to the family. We'll see how it goes. Thanks for the sweet post*! _Carol
I am so happy you found me*! As you can see, I also added you to my blog list and plan to stop by often. I'll be excited to see how the "new member" of your member continues to fit in and find her place. I am now even more excited at the thought of getting a little kitten of my own, although I must admit that Richard is not as excited about it as I am, and I'm not sure how my little Pom will take to having to share some of the attention. (SMILE) Have a great evening*!
A great read, Sharon. Congrats on the newest family member.
Post a Comment