Saturday, February 7, 2009

Motorhome and Rusty's birthday

It was an absolutely beautiful, sunny, and warm today!! Just in time to save what's left of my sanity. We spent the day outside soaking up the fresh air and a little sunshine. Today also happened to be my youngest child, Rusty's, birthday. I can hardly believe he is 33 years old today. And I'm only 39 myself!!LOL! Happy Birthday, Rusty!!

One thing I did today was take some pictures of the inside of our motorhome. I've been waiting to add a few homey touches before taking pictures, but that just ain't happening so I decided just to give you pictures of it as is. Maybe I'll spruce it up as we use it.
This is the view from the front all the way to the back. As you can see there are mirror walls everywhere, which is one thing I don't like about it! Charlie, of course, loves them and doesn't want me to cover them with anything. I'd do something with them but I don't know what. The light is being refected off the closet door in the bedroom, which is also covered with mirrors. The dinning table pulls out and there are two more chairs that can be used around the table. And as you can see on the left side, the backspash is..... you guessed it! Mirror! I bought some beautiful rub-on roosters to put on the tile in the kitchen area but I thought Charlie was going to faint when I told him my plan, so that's not an option either.
The bed is king sized which is unusual. Most MHs have queen size bed but ours was a special order MH and the original owner wanted a king sized bed. I'm glad they did. We haven't used it yet but it promises to be comfortable from what I can tell by just lying down on it. I bought the bed spread and pillows to try and give the room a little more color but it really didn't! The spread and pillows that come on the bed were very modern in style and I just didn't like them. Just got to get some color in this MH some where. More pillows, throws, and area rugs I think.

This is the opposite side of the bedroom from the previous picture. We have a sink and medicine cabinet in the bedroom which I like. He can shave in the bathroom (what little shaving he does) and I'll have this spot to put on my make-up. We'll have just a little larger lamp under the TV and this one will probably go in the bathroom. You can't see it but it is an elephant. I may use it by my side of the bed. I really like lamps in a MH. Makes it look/feel like home.

As you can see, Stonewall has found a spot he likes. And again, I've got to get some color in the living area. Too bland for me. More pillows and throws. Poor Stoney doesn't like this as much as he did the fifth wheel. The steps into the MH are too steep for him to come up so we carry him in and out. He is afraid of the MH but I'm sure he will get more comfortable with it as time goes by.
We have a washer/dryer - also in the bedroom.
A four door refrigerator with an ice maker. Don't know how that is going to work out. I don't usually drink the water and won't use the ice either. Maybe I'll get over that.
I really do like this little pull-out storage bin. Wish I had one in my home kitchen! There is central vacuum, a convection/microwave oven and NO real oven. That space is storage. I really like that,too. In the 10 years we had the fifth wheel I only used the oven one time. The rest of the time it was used for storage. No oven means more storage for me. And there you have it. Still in the early stages for us but we are looking forward to years of good times in this little baby. No name yet for the MH; nothing other than "the money pit". And believe you me, it is a money pit. Oh, well. You can't take it with you. I just want to come out even like my Daddy did. When he died his family had everything they needed, most of what they wanted and he didn't owe anyone a dime. Till next time - God bless.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

GM Sharon, your RV is beautiful and it looks like you have all the comforts of home. And it being neutral in color means you can decorate with most any color. About the ice maker, I couldn't live witout mine. I remember the days when I had to fill ice trays, I hated that. We have extra filters for our water system and Norm is always empting and changing the water in the tanks.When you start camping you'll run into all kinds of people that is so generous with info...And this is very important, there's a Walmart around every corner if you forget something. LOL

Hugs,
Chris

Sue said...

THIS IS A HOME ON WHEELS!!! WOW! I can't believe all the extras. You could actually live here. The neutral colors will allow you to use whatever other color you are in the mood for at the time. This is something else. LOVE IT! I'm proud for you because after teaching so many years...you deserve it.

Unknown said...

This is what I want to do when we retire! I grew up camping but my husband didn't - so I'm trying to convince him that he wants to do this too;D

Unknown said...

Oops! I meant to tell you - you have a lovely MH. I hope you get many, many years of enjoyment!

The Raggedy Girl said...

I take it this is a new toy and if so you are going to love it. I think of our 5th wheel as my little movable cabin and I love playing around with it. This summer I am going to "shop" my house for things to put in it for decorations.
Roberta Anne

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Wow Sharon! It's really nice! You could go on a really long trip in that baby! It looks comfy, too. And happy birthday to your son! Funny how they keep getting older and we don't! lol Have a good week...Debbie

Lorrie said...

Sharon your RV is just lovely. I know you can spruce it up with splashes of color that will make it seem like your home away from home. It has so many great amenities. I hope you have many happy times in it. Can't wait to hear your first travel itinerary!

Zaroga said...

It is beautiful... but like you say needs a little color. The mirrors are just to make it look larger inside. The trailer we had before the one we have now had mirrors on all the cabinet doors. The trailer we have now only has one on each closet door in the bedroom and on the bathroom mirror. I haven't decorated our walls yet in our travel trailer. Probably a good thing. Some of the roads on our last trip were very rough and things would probably have fallen off the walls.