Sunday, February 8, 2009

Join me in prayer, please.

Last night before I went to bed, I did a little blog surfing and found a site that really grabbed my heart. The name of the blog is "The Macs". You can find it on my sidebar. I spent an hour or so reading old blogs from as far back as Christmas. I'll not share with you all I read but just let me say that this is a lovely young Christian family with a beautiful young daughter named Cora who looked to be about eight or nine months old. Earlier in January, Cora was diagnosed with cancer and there are daily postings of Cora's progress and prayer requests. I went to bed last night with this child and her parents on my mind and I prayed as fervently as I can that God would bring her healing - whatever kind of healing He chose. First thing this morning I came down to check on Cora and learned that Cora is now with Jesus. You can not believe how deeply I was affected by this child's death - and I really don't understand it myself. I have cried throughout the day for this precious little girl. The pictures of Cora seemed to speak to me and her eyes told her story. There is an old hymn I had never heard until about two weeks before my mother died called Safe In The Arms Of Jesus. I love that old hymn. Cora is safe in the arms of Jesus but her family needs the prayers of us all to hold them and comfort them as they learn to live without Cora. I hope you will visit Cora's mother's blog; the link is on my sidebar. More importantly, I hope you will pray with the many others who are praying for this family. It is all that can be done but there is no more powerful tool in the Christian's arsenal than prayer. And, let's all hug our children and grandchildren and each other --- often. Till later - God bless.
Sharon

7 comments:

Elizabeth-Plain and Simple said...

Thank you for sharing this and I will certinly join you and the many others who are praying for this young family.

Blessings,
Elizabeth

The Raggedy Girl said...

Sharon:
I also had followed and prayed for Cora and spent the day crying for her and for her beautiful parents and the pain they must be feeling.
Roberta Anne

Picket said...

Oh sweetie....I am sitting here crying I felt the hurt so deeply thru your post....I could not even begin to imagine the pain of losing a child...I will call their name in prayer with you my friend..take care girl...

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Sharon, I too read about baby Cora, what a darling baby our Heavenly Father chose to take home early. I pray constantly for her family and their healing process. Thanks for the visit on Sunday, our day was fantastic..
hugs ~lynne~

Anonymous said...

Sharon what a heart breaking story. I'll be praying for that family as well. I can't imagine going through losing a child.

Hugs,
Chris

Sue said...

Sharon,
I found this blog Sunday myself...through another blog. I couldn't believe how quickly things deteriorated. My heart breaks for the family....can't imagine what they are going through. We certainly need to lift them up daily.

Anonymous said...

Sharon, I found this blog yesterday and spent the afternoon reading the entire blog from beginning to end. It started out with such hope and happiness, and ended so tragically. What a sweet child. Did you happen to listen to the funeral mass? The minister read letters from grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc. it was the saddest thing I have ever heard. I too cannot stop thinking about that dear child and her family. Sue