
Don't know about you guys but I've had just about all the cold, windy, gloomy, dark days I can stand for one winter. Where is spring!!? I need sunshine and warm weather and time to sit on the porch and..... You know that reminds me, we have all but lost the art of sitting on the porch in our hurry-up world. We'd all be better off if we slowed, took some time to just sit and visit "a spell" as my folks would say. Well, since we can't do that, I thought I'd share some of my new Maxine's with you. You know I love Maxine so let's see what she has for us tonight.
Here is Maxine's thinking about mistakes:
I share Maxine's feelings about dishwashers but DH thinks you just must wash everything before you put it in the dishwasher! So, he does.
Though I don't share Maxine's feelings about the super bowl, I do love the way she expresses herself so clearly. 
And if this depressing winter weather doesn't end soon, my blood type is going to turn negative!!!
Maxine always makes me chuckle and I hope she helped brighten your cold winter evening, too. Till next time - God bless.
Sharon
9 comments:
I just love Maxine!!! always makes me chuckle. Thanks
Hi Sharon, I love Maxine too. I'm with you--Spring just cannot come soon enough for me!
Great post. I have to tell you I am praying for snow. Just one big storm before spring comes. I have not had any snow yet!
Roberta Anne
I LOVE Maxine...she tells it like it is! I am ready for spring too. You need to come down some time (when it gets warmer) and we'll sit on my porch "for a spell".
What a hoot Sharon! We have sun today...finally...but it is cold! We're expecting near 70 on Sunday, though! Come on down!!!...Debbie
Hey...I just saw you're right next door in Alabama! You should be getting a nice day Sunday, too! Enjoy!
I love Maxine too.... she always brings a smile. So thank you for posting these or is blogging these :-) One day I might get all the terminology down right.
I rinse my dishes before I hand wash them. I don't like the food and grease floating around in the water. Frank doesn't rise... except a spoon that has had peanut butter on it. He hates that :-) I wish I had room for a dishwasher, but I don't have room for even a portable one.
Hi Sharon,
I love sitting on the front porch too. I have fond memories of my grandmothers big porch, rockers, and porch swing. People would ride by and just stop to sit and talk a while. Where did the good old days go. As for Maxine, well I think that we are related somewhere down the line. At least we think a lot alike anyway! haha
I remember as a child we would visit my grandparents and in the evening everyone would gather on the front porch to visit.
Post a Comment