Sunday, March 1, 2009

Look what we saw out our front window this morning? God gave us a good little surprise! I know, the weatherman had forecast this snow but they forecast lots of stuff that doesn't materialize. Roads closed, bridges iced over so there was no church for me this morning. I know it's crazy but I just have a hard time deciding not to go to church because of the weather. I feel so guility but I wrecked one time trying to get to work in the snow and said I'd never do that again!! At any rate, the sun is out bright as can be now and the snow is gone! Amazing, isn't it!!


Got to tell you about how Star (our new cat) is doing. You know I've never been a cat fan and I was very skeptical about having a cat especially one in the house -but, she's is working out just fine. The dogs still haven't gotten used to her being here but last night she made a special place in my heart. Cassie came to stay with us while her Daddy went out to dinner. She loved that cat!! I'm here to tell you she crawled under chairs, behind furniture, under the bed everywhere to pull that cat out. And the cat never once struck at her. Joe's daughter Hannah came by with him and Hannah put the cat in a doll stroller and pushed her all over the house. Still she didn't attack anyone. Now, that's a good cat. Look here at some of the action. I looked around one time and Cassie had that cat around the neck and its whole body was wagging back and forth, eyes about to pop out but she didn't protest. Do you think she knows Cassie is a little child? My mother always said animals knew children from grown folks and treated them differently.
I hate to post these candid shots because my house is such a wreck! Always is now. Can you believe that when I was a young mother, I dusted, vacuumed, and washed every day!! Nothing was ever out of place. Lost that somewhere along the way but that is one thing I want to get back after I retire. May not dust and vacuum every day but I'm going to get my house back in order and do some decorating!! One thing that may help with this is that Joy and Joe are getting married. That means Joy and David will be moving out. Oh, be still my heart!! I really like Joe and I believe I can trust him to take care of David - not worried about Joy, just David. That means I'll have two more bedrooms and one can house my sewing machine. Hopefully I'll be able to do more sewing when I have some place to put the machine. As it stands now, when I sew the machine stays on my kitchen table until the project is done. When it is stored, it's stored in one corner of the den. Certainly not an optimal situation. I just can't let myself get too excited, though. As I said with my last post, you just never know. Hope you have a wonderful week coming up! Tomorrow is our 40th wedding anniversay! Nothing planned. We have everything we want and I have to work until about 8PM. What a way to celebrate 40 years!! Oh well, the weekend is coming and I think we'll take our maiden voyage in the motorhome. That will be great for both of us. Till later - God bless. Sharon

6 comments:

~TexasLady~ said...

First of all, congratulations tomorrow on your anniversary*!!! I am almost ashamed to admit that I forgot my anniversary this year until our youngest son called to wish us a happy anniversary. At least Richard didn't get in trouble for forgetting, since I forgot too. (rolling eyes and whistling) Oh and the second thing I wanted to tell you is, I SERIOUSLY WANT YOUR CAT*!!! *GRIN*

_Carol

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Oh my goodness... Happy Anniversary just a tad early my friend.... what an accompolishment...We just celebrated 30 years this past December. The years have certainly flown by..
What a darling cat...and Hannah is just adorable.. I agree animals react differently at times with children than they do with adults..
I'm sorry I'm so late in getting back around to thank you for stopping by Foodie Friday last week.. Life got in the way.. it was a bit scary there for awhile, but I think things have leveled out now..I hope you've had a super w/k.. Is the snow gone? We had 6" yesterday..it was sure pretty from the inside out..lol. hugs ~lynne~

Lorrie said...

Happy Anniversary Sharon--40 years is definitely something to celebrate--Congratulations!

You definitely have a keeper in Star--she sure does get along well with Cassie. Can't wait to hear how your first trip in the motor home goes!

Joy said...

Hannah is just adorable!!! Those piccies of her with Star are so cute, what a lovely kitty.
Hope you have a fabulous Anniversary celebration ... 40 years is a huge accomplishment - congratulations :o). My husband and I are almost 1/2 way there, we celebrate 20 years next September :o).
Hugs,
Joy :o)

The Southern Mom said...

Happy Anniversary...early! 40! That's great! (Ours was 30 this year!)

Such a pretty cat! And one that would put up with all that is...well, a good cat!

Zaroga said...

Only a few snowflakes here... it didn't stick to anything, just melted away.

That cat seems to be very laid-back.

Congratulations on your anniversary!