Saturday, November 29, 2008
Thanksgiving has come and gone and I'm five pounds heavier. But I really enjoyed it. Went to the doctor (annual visit) last week and he said, "Well at least you're not gaining weight." I told him I had reached critical mass but after eating for the last three days, maybe not! My brother came us and ate with us but no other visitors for Thanksgiving dinner. Brian and his wife came up that evening but they really missed most of the day with us. After we finished our Thanksgiving meal Pop, Joy, David, and I jumped in the motorhome and took a good ride. It was really fun. The weather was BEAUTIFUL! So we rode about an hour down the rode, turned around and came home. One day soon we are going for a trip in that bad boy and I'll let you know more about it then. When I get it all decked out like I want, I'll post some inside picutres as well. (And when I find my camera.) When we got home for our road trip, Cassie came to spend the weekend. Have you hear of the terrible two's? Boy! If you look that up in a textbook you'll find Cassie's picture. I had bought her a couple of Christmas outfits and wanted to have her picture made in them so we took her Saturday evening to a studio for her sitting. She wouldn't even sit down for the pictures. There were a gajillion people cramed in a very small space and the temperature must have been 90 degrees in there! It took us two hours of waiting to get to the picutre taking and by that time it was all over. She flopped down in the floor, screaming and slinging her arms and legs. Then she took off running and trampling everything in sight. It was hot so Joy gave her some of her Pepsi. Guess she forgot it was Pepsi Max!!! Is she nuts! Yes and that stuff made Cassie nuts, too. That child did not go to sleep until 2AM this morning. Needless to say, we were all whipped this morning. To top it off, Joy and David had to sell doughnuts for the Boy Scouts today so I had Cassie all day by myself. I think I want only supervised visits for the next two years! I checked to see if it was legal and it is so I've added some of the pictures we had made yesterday to the side bar. And I just could not leave this post without adding: Roll Tide! Till later, God bless.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
I'm glad you had a nice Thanksgiving. I know you are really going to enjoy that motor home.
I have heard of the terrible twos.. my two children both skipped that and went on to the terrible threes :-) I envy you.. having grandchildren.
The pictures are wonderful! It is nice to finally see your smiling face. You are not alone in struggling with your weight. I too struggle. On our trip earlier this year both me and my husband lost weight. The extra walking we did worked. After we got home my back decided to act up and I couldn't walk much... so my weight went back up. As soon as my back can tolerate it I will be doing that extra walking again and Frank will be walking along side me. Having a goal together will make it a bit easier to accomplish.
Zaroga
Wow so glad that your Thanksgiving was nice... Sounds like you had fun in the motorhome too... Have you not taken it on a campout yet??? You know we live in ours... I love this lifestyle and hope to be able to do it at least 5 more years... It's been 5 already...I know about the little ones... I have twin grandsons who will be 3 in about 1 week... boy they tire me out too... Have a great Sunday...
(((HUGS)))
Donna
Those pictures are GREAT!! I'm so glad you posted them. I had to chuckle reading about the time you spent waiting at the photographer....been there--done that (with the three boys). Shawn & I were going to surprise Amy for Mother's Day one year. Keith's ear is red in the picture because it had been pinched by someone right before they FINALLY got to us. It is exhausting to get good pictures. ROLL TIDE!!!!
Your pictures turned out great. It's nice to put a face with the blog. I can't believe that adorable little girl gave you fits.
I need to loose weight too. I'm being treated right now for high blood pressure. Plus, we are taking a cruise in february and it would be nice to look desent in shorts. (I've given up on bathing suits) Maybe we can encourage each other on this journey.
I dream of having a motor home too some day. You called yours a bad boy, have you thought about naming him? Can't wait to see your pictures.
I'm glad your thanksgiving was nice. You were in our prayers and still are.
Blessings!
Hi Sharon, Love seeing your pictures on the blog!So glad you had a nice Thanksgiving-your ride after dinner sounds wonderful.
All I can say about the picture takiing session is --I sympathize! You have a good story to tell herboyfriend some day!
Hey girl...I love the pics..look at your beautiful self & that cassie is a babydoll! I had some that took the terrible twos right on into their terrible threes! lol lol Our little Sofie is 3 & she is such a drama queen when anything happens! lol lol Lucky you with your motor home...I would love to have one but I'm afraid the Burly Boys would be wanting to 'borrow' it alittle too much! lol Thanks for coming by girl...hope you have a great week!
Hi Sharon, thank you so much for your kind words! You've made my day. I'm loving getting to know you too. The are so many wonderful folks in blog land, aren't there? I hope you're having a good week!
hey girl...thanks for coming by...some of my best ideas come from 'copying'! lol lol Shhhh.you didn't hear that from me! lol lol Have a great week sweetie!
Hey girl..thanks for coming by to see the Burlys...uh about them liking it...well you see...they don't actually know about it! lol lol But they won't hear it from you...right???! lol lol Have a great evening girl!
Hi Sharon, If David is truly interested, send me your email address to lmnyland[at]gmail[dot]com I can scan the gingerbread house recipe into my computer and send it to you. I photocopied it out of a library book all those years ago and it also has the template for the pieces of the house, so it's too much to try to just type out for you.
The recipe is a bit different than others because you bake the gingerbread in sheets in a jellyroll pan and then cut it while it's warm using the template. It's very thick and sturdy.
Hey Sharon... Thanks for coming by... Yes I did cook the Turkey in the Microwave/Convection Oven... Living in it full time you learn really fast how to use it... LOL Mine did hold a 12 pounder... I was surprised too...
(((HUGS)))
Donna
Love the pictures...she looks so sweet (but having had a "little girl" once myself, I know during the terrible 2's that looks can be deceiving!) I have the same ribbon on my Christmas tree...finally got it up and decorated it this afternoon. I was frustrated and couldn't sit still during the game!
Post a Comment