Saturday, November 8, 2008

Can You Remember?

Recently, I bought a box of 20-Mule Team Borax for my wash. I remember using it years ago but somehow just got away from it. When I saw the box in the store, and every time I've looked at the box since, I'm reminded of a TV show that was sponsored by 20-Mule Team Borax. It must have been in the early to mid '50's that the show was on the air and the opening would show a mule team pulling a covered wagon through what appeared to be the desert. My family watched the show every week but I can't remember for the life of me what the name of the show was. Surely there is someone out there as old as I am who can remember better and can tell me the name of the program. I remember watching "Playhouse 90" sponsored by Westinghouse, and The Texaco Hour with Milton Berle, Jack Benny, I Love Lucy, but not the name of this program. So, please, if you can remember the name would you please let me know? I sure would appreciate it and thanks in advance.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Would it be Death Valley Days?

I googled,"20 Team Mule Borax sponsered what TV show" and that's what came up.

Sorry, I have no memory of that show. I'm 48 and I didn't have much interest in television when I was growing up. Mostly because my brother controlled the TV.

I hope that's the answer you were looking for.

Sharon said...

YEAH for Milah!! You are so right! I didn't even think of googling it; you are so smart. Thanks for getting that off my mind. I would never have thought of it. At 48 you are still a young whipper-snapper. Good years ahead! Thanks so much.

Sue said...

I'm glad you got the correct answer because I was going to guess something (and it wouldn't have been right). There were some good shows then.

Zaroga said...

I didn't remember... but I've used 20-Mule Team Borax in the past. It sure help get the tire rubber odor out of my husband's work duds. He used to work at Cooper Tire & Rubber.

Picket said...

I remember Death Valley Days!!!! lol lol I even have a box of 20 Mule team Borax in my Laundry Room just as a reminder! lol I use to watch the original Wagon Train..The Tall Man...Cheyenne...Rawhide..Sugarfoot..Wells Fargo..Maverick..Have Gun will Travel....lordy I am getting older by the minute..I gotta stop this! lol lol Thanks for coming by girl...Hope you have a great week!