TGIF!! This was a long week in many ways and short in some. I spent Monday and Tuesday on jury duty. On Monday they were trying to seat two juries both for murder cases. There were 32 of us in the court room and only 14 were to serve. You know they ask all sorts of questions so that the defense and prosecution both can size you up and determine if you would make a good juror for their side. One question was "Do you have any friends or relatives who are police officers?" When it came my time to answer the question, I stood up and in my most pleased mother's voice said, "My BABY BOY is a police officer." It sounded just like Minnie Pearl. That probably caused the defense some concern. Then came a question about judges, DA's or other government officials. I knew a couple of those, too. Long story short - I think I was the first person struck. Didn't hurt my feelings. I really did NOT want to serve on a murder jury. The next day (Tuesday) there were 32 folks picked from which to seat a jury for a Civil case; everyone else was dismissed for the rest of the week. Thankfully, I was one of the ones dismissed. So, back to work on Wednesday. But, the great state of Alabama makes it worth you time to serve; $10 a day and 5 cents/mile for travel. The rest of the week was fairly stressful k with lots of reports and deadlines to meet. Didn't get them all done either. But enough of that stuff.
I really want to tell you about Sue's 100th posting give away over at The Cotton Patch. Sue is really the one who got me into blogging. Her best friend is a friend of mine at work. One day Jane was telling me about Sue's blog and pulled it up on the computer to show me. That was all it took - I was hooked. Then when I finally worked up the courage to try blogging, Sue was the first person out there in blog land to visit me and make me feel welcome. She is a really sweet person who just happens to be quite talented! Her blog is one filled with lots of nice crafts and recipes. And another thing about her is that she is just through and through a good person! So go on over and visit Sue and get yourself entered into her give away. The loot looks great! And you'll love Sue.
Have a wonderful weekend getting ready for Thanksgiving and God bless!
7 comments:
Hi Sharon--Good job getting struck from sitting on the murder trial! I had a near miss with a murder trial too a few years back. I just don't think I could handle it. I get called for jury duty here in NC every 2 years as regular as clockwork, but have never been seated for a trial. Hope you have a nice weekend!
Thank goodness I've NEVER been called for jury duty. I sure wouldn't want to be on a murder trial. Glad you got off! Thank you for the sweet words about my blog. I'm SO GLAD you joined the rest of us. I knew you'd enjoy it. One day (when things settle down for her) Jane will be here with us!
Sharon, Lucky you, getting dismissed like that. That would cause me nightmares for the rest of my life. I can't even watch CSI or Law and Order, it bothers me so much. I'm glad you don't have that burden on you.
I'm going to swing on over to your friends blog now! Thanks for sharing!
Oh my word..I don't think I could go thru a murder trial..glad you got off jury duty girl...I know sweet Sue..when I first met her here in blogland she had made some beautiful pillows out of black checked napkins....I loved them and I had been looking for napkins like that with that exact coloring..that sweet toot bought me a set and sent them to me!!!! How sweet is that...I love her to pieces now! Take care girl..have a beautiful Sunday & hope you & yours have a glorious Thanksgiving!
Sharon,
Found your blog through "Adventures with Tassie" and couldn't help checking you out. We have been fulltimers for four years and I invite you to check out our blog, "Backroad Chronicles" at www.joyandphil.blogspot.com
Welcome to the world of blogging (good job btw) and you are gonna love it when you get on the road! We have a 34' Pace Arrow and tow a little Ford Ranger pickup. I have been blogging since June 2004 so there are lots of places in the archives to check out.
Hope to meet you someday down the road!
Joy and Phil
Hi Sharon... I was so glad to see you come visit me... I will be adding you to my favorites and when you come by again PLEASE sign my Guestbook and followers list... I would be so pleased to have you as one of my blogging buddies.... I sure know what you mean about getting hooked on bloggin'... Here's to a new friendship... have a great day...
(((HUGS)))
Donna
Hi Sharon, Just stopped by quick to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment