Sunday, November 2, 2008
Beautiful Sunday
Just time for a quick post before I drag out the school books and work on my online courses. Our Halloween was a very quiet one. For the first time in a LONG time, we all sat in the den and watched a movie together. Joy and David went to Movie Gallery and came back with several Halloween appropriate movies but we watched one I was willing to see -- Journey to the Center of the Earth. Not a scary movie at all - no violence and I don't remember any bad language either. Such a pleasant evening! Those types of evenings are so few and far between, I never fail to give thanks for the ones we do have. I went to the door for trick or treaters only about 3 times. Each time there were no more than 4 children so we had maybe 12 trick-or-teaters. Lots different than in years past. Today is a bright, beautiful Sunday and the temperature is in the upper 70's. I'd love to be outside instead of here inside trying to come up with worksheets and tests for students. It's even more difficult to get motivated knowing that in six short months, I'll never have to do that again! (Do you hear that Halleluiah chorus in the background?) We did spend most of Saturday morning loading the basics into the motorhome. I would have taken pictures of the inside but Joy took my camera on her Saturday trek to Mississippi. I'll get some this week. Hope everyone has a great week and God Bless!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We didn't have alot of trick or treaters either...about the same as you. THat's ok cause I'm eating the candy today!!! I hope these six months fly by for you because you will LOVE being retired. Can't wait to see the inside of that motorhome!!!
We never have any trick-or-treaters. My husband and I had a quiet evening too.. so quiet I don't remember what we did :-)
I'm looking forward to seeing the inside of the motor home.
Have a great week!
Zaroga
Post a Comment