Saturday, December 27, 2008


This picture has nothing at all to do with anything in this post but it makes me chuckle every time I see it and since so much of the country is having snow, I thought I'd share it. Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! From all the pictures and reports I've seen, it has been a very good season for all. Yesterday and today have been overcast here with warm temperatures ---and totally wasted by me. Must be the absence of sunshine but I just can't seem to get cranked up. It's been two solid days of nibbling on junk and nothing else. I really tried to add one of those Happy New Year backgrounds and banners on my blog but I didn't even get that done. Thanks to all who have come by and left a note. I just love hearing from all of you out there. Amazing how quickly you have all become friends to me and we have never even met face to face. My brother came up on Christmas day and I was showing him my blog. I went through my list of good reads and as I did, I found myself telling him about each one of you as though I knew you personally. I realized then that you all have become real friends to me and an important part of my life! Hope the remainder of your holiday season is wonderful and if you are a football fan, I hope your team wins. Unless, of course, you are a Utah fan. God Bless - S.

10 comments:

squawmama said...

Good Morning Sharon... I feel the same way... we may even get to know each other better because we can sit & say what our hearts feel... It would be nice to meet some day... Maybe when you start your travels we'll run into each other on the road... or maybe we'll be sightseeing near you. Any help you may need about being on the road just email me and I would be glad to help in any way I can... Have a blessed Sunday

(((HUGS)))
Donna

Unknown said...

Sharon, I agree...I have met some really nice people. The friendships I've made has been a blessing to me. My blogging friends make me laugh, cry, remenise, get inspired, motivated and some even teach me a thing or two. I've even started a recipe collection from my blogging friends. I look forward to hearing from them every day.
Thanks for being one of them!

Michele said...

Good morning Sharon...I feel the same way as you. It's been raining (yes, rain...not snow!!) the past two days, with fog and thunder. That's just not right for Wisconsin! I can't get motivated to do anything...not even my crafts..which is very unusual!

Even though I just found your blog, I'm so glad I did..and I'm sure we'll become fast friends!

Hugz,
Michele

Sue said...

AMEN to everything you said!! I feel like I know so many of my "friends" because I hear from them every day. Although blogging is addictive (and takes some of my time) I have gotten SO MANY wonderful ideas and recipes. I'm tickled that you are "hooked"!!

YaYa's Funhouse said...

I,too,Sharon feel blessed by having "met" such wonderful friends through the bloggin world. I look forward to "hearing" from them everyday. It is also nice to know so many friend are praying for our babies. thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers.

Zaroga said...

Love the cartoon.

This morning is dreary and that is the way I feel... makes me want to do nothing.

I too talk of all the bloggers I visit as friends... just like I know each of you. Who knows.. maybe one day we will meet in person.

I always appreciate your visits.

Zaroga

Picket said...

Morning girl...Loved seeing that little dumpling playing with her cleaning toys! lol My girls had all that and the whole kitchen sets and nursery and they thought they were in their own little paradise in their rooms! lol..my five use to play togewhter so much and they had little cash registers and talking microphones and little telephones that would ting in each others rooms and really work! lol I remember they use to raise the window on the front porch and little Jen would be the cashier at the 'bank' window and they would come through the 'drive thru'! lol Oh lordy and when they played grocery store they would empty out my pantry and sell the stuff and even bag it up for the customers! lol Oh what memories our precious kids leave us with!

Ohhhhh look at you with that signed football!!!!! Roll Tide for sure!

I want to wish you & yours a Happy New Year dear friend...may it be filled with much love & joy and blessing beyond your dreams!

Lorrie said...

Hi Sharon, I'm so glad David enjoyed his gingerbread house. Yes, it is sad to have everybody leaving one by one. I love having them all here despite the craziness of a full house for weeks at a time. It's high tide and then low tide around here. You're right, as soon as you get used to it, they're gone again!

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Sharon, I'm so glad you came by for a visit. I hope to see more of you. Have you ever visited Gollum's blog? That's where the mice first appeared..a few posts back. On her dining room table. I know Gollum would love for you to stop in and check them out. Hope to see you again soon.
hugs ~lynne~

Lorrie said...

Hi Sharon, just wanted to wish you a Happy Monday! Hope you're week is off to a good start!