Wednesday, December 24, 2008

A Little Something from Ole St. Nick!

It's only Christmas Eve but for all practical purposes today is Christmas for us. Rusty and his daughter could only come up today for the family celebration since he has to work tomorrow so we were all together today. We ate well and had lots of presents to share. Have to confess, I only bought presents for Cassie since she is the youngest and the only one who is expecting Santa tonight. Everyone else got a little ole check for the after Christmas sales. I guess that's not the way to do it but I never buy what they want and really don't have time or energy for shopping. Money is always the right color and right size. Next year I'll probably give more personal gifts since I'll be retired and have time to sew and shop throughout the year. At any rate, here is a little something from our holiday season.
I failed to post these earlier but I want to share with you, David's gingerbread house and his celebration of his mother's birthday. The birthday came first and the gingerbread house only three days ago. David really likes cooking and art so decorating this gingerbread house was really a treat for him. I hope this will become a tradition for us. Thanks to Lorrie for the inpiration.
David bought silly string weeks ago preparing for his mother's birthday! You can see the string flying at her in this picture. She was a good sport about it and he loved it. Actually, she did, too!
Cassie loved the gingerbread house and tried to eat it, of course. She was so cute. Everything has pretty much "hardened" so she couldn't get much off the house. Rusty brought her dressed in her pretty Christmas outfit but it was soooo hot today we had to change into some cooler clothes. BTW, as I'm typing this the TV has tornado warnings being given and cancelled and strong thunderstorms coming this way. We'll just have to see what happens. Cassie got so many toys she didn't know what to play with first. Didn't take long for her to be completely tired out.
Can you believe this child likes to clean!! She dust and sweeps and will get down on the floor and wipe the floor with tissues or baby wipes! She'll get out of that, I hope.
Here's a young Dad just trying to hold it all together. That little girl is his world and he only gets to see her two days a week. Breaks my heart and his,too. Cassie loves her Daddy and I hope she will always feel close to him. He really has given up a lot to be able to see her as much as possible.
We all got wonderful presents but I just have to share one in particular - from Rusty. Well, here it is. A little something from Ole Saint Nick!! I know some of your are going to be sooooo jealous!
Surely you all could hear me yelling when I opened that package. Next year, if they are number one, I'm hoping to get a ball with the whole team's signatures! I know it's Christmas but I just must give out one big-- Roll Tide! Here's wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas!!

7 comments:

Sue said...

I AM SO JEALOUS!!! You better lock this baby up....love it....have you been good enough this year to get an autographed football????
Just kidding...MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas Sharon!

Congratulations on that football!

Deare Diary said...

Sharon,
Looks like you had a special day with your family also. I love making memories. We are so blessed to have our family around us helping to celebrate Christmas. Pray for my sister-n-laws new grand-babies(twins). They need a touch from God.

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Hi Sharon! Thanks so much for dropping by my blog! Love your beautiful family! Sounds like you have a lot of fun together! Hope you had a Merry Christmas...Debbie

The Southern Mom said...

UH UH! Oh no you didn't! I am so jealous! You were a good girl! Hope you've had a wonderful Christmas!

Zaroga said...

I'm so glad you had a wonderful Christmas at your home. Cassie is darling.

Congrats on the football too.

On the walking... It just makes me feel so much better. Even on days like today when my whole body aches from the weather. Since I'm walking better when I go to a store with Frank he is parking further back in the parking lot. Every little bit helps... especially after all I ate the past two days!

Happy Holidays!
Zaroga

Michele said...

Hi Sharon ~ I don't know where I found your blog, but I'm so glad I did! I love it! I added you to my favorites if that's okay...so I'll be coming back often to visit. Stop by when you get a chance too!

You have a wonderful family!

Hugz,
Michele