Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Candy Apple Jelly

I was going to wait until I made the Candy Apple jelly and could post a picture of it for you but decided, nope! I better just get that recipe on here for you so maybe somebody will have time to make it before Christmas because it doesn't look like I'm going to get any made. I got this recipe several years ago from a County Woman magazine - I think. Anyway, here it is:

Candy Apple Jelly
4 c. apple juice
1/2 c. red hot candies
1 (1 3/4 oz.) pkg. powdered fruit pectin
4 1/2 c. sugar
In a large kettle, combine apple juice, candies and pectin. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in sugar; return to a full rolling boil. Boil for 2 minutes, stirring constatnly. Remove from heat; skim off any foam and undissolved candies. Pour hot liquid into hot jars, leaving 1/4-inch headspce. Adjust caps. Process for 5 minutes in a boiling water bath.

Hope you enjoy! Merry Christmas!!!!!

8 comments:

April said...

Hi Sharon,

So glad you stopped by to say 'hi' today...you're welcome back anytime! I love to meet new people!

I see that you're an Alabama fan! We lived in Madison, AL., just outside of Huntsville, for 7 years and loved it! I'd go back in a heartbeat!

Yes, it will be fun having Stella come for a visit...wish us well!

Sue said...

I have never heard of candy apple jelly but you know me...I'll have to try this. I bet my boys would love it (with their peanut butter and jelly sandwiches). Thanks for another something to put on my "to do" list.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sharon, thanks for posting this recipe for the jelly, I'm going to copy it to my Blogland recipe folder. It sounds like it is easy enough for me to make. :) Sharon, I also wanted to tell you how pretty I think you are.

Hugs,
Chris

Unknown said...

Thanks Sharon! I'm going to add this to my to-do list!
Never heard of it before but it sounds great. I'll let you know how we like it!
Hugs!

YaYa's Funhouse said...

sounds yummy and seems easy enough. Will have to give it a try.

Lorrie said...

Hi Sharon, this is the first time I've heard of candy apple jelly--how neat!

I'm so glad that you're going to follow Stella's travels. I'm excited to see where she goes this year!

Deare Diary said...

Hi Sharon,
I have been reading your blog for a little while and enjoyed it, so I decided to add myself to your followers list. I am enjoying blogging and do not plan on stopping at this point. I just will not be trying to change my templates or try new things until I learn a little more.Come back and visit.
Judy

Lorrie said...

Have a nice weekend Sharon!