Monday, February 8, 2010

Just saying Hi

Just wanted to let you know I'm still here but haven't posted in so long because.......I just haven't had anything to post. It's been cold and dreary so I've stayed indoors and vegetated forever! I can't wait till spring. Since I've retired I've become worse than useless, I'm totally unnecessary!!!

Went with Joy to have pictures of Luke made and here are a couple. I've posted one of Joy when she was Luke's age. Do you think they look alike?
Joy at 3 months age.

Luke at 3 months of age

Look at those little fists on Luke in this last picture. He looks to me as if he is saying, "You wanna piece of me?"!!! He looks like a little bully but he has the best little disposition. I'm thinking he is going to be a happy, fun baby. I hope so anyway. I kept him for the first two weeks his mother went back to work but I just physically can't do that for him. I feel so badly that I can't but just don't have the physical stamina to do it. So.... we found a young girl with two children of her own who wants to keep him in her home. Not too far from Joy and keeps him out of daycare centers! So, last week her two year old ( a little girl) bite Luke on the face. Made a pretty nasty looking place for a couple of days but it didn't break the skin. Of course, I feel guilty about that ,too. If I'd kept him he would not have gotten bitten. So, now I pray every day that Natalee won't bite him again. He is so small to be bitten. See, I told you I didn't have anything to post about. So, I'm going for tonight. Talk to you later!
Sharon

9 comments:

Joy said...

Oh my goodness Sharon ... Luke is the spitting image of your Joy!!! How lovely for her :o). Try to stay warm in that dreadful cold you're having at the moment!!!
Hugs,
Joy :o)

Pat said...

Hi Sharon...
I too have a grandson who is now 6 months old. I watch him every Thursday which I absolutely love, but certainly couldn't do it everyday. Sometimes on Thursday evenings, on days where he's a bit fussy and needs to be held alot, I thinks to myself as I'm driving home..."I need drugs". So don't beat yourself up about it...just love that adorable child and shower him with hugs and kisses when you are with him.
Warmest Regards,
Pat

Anonymous said...

He is a spitting image! Yeah, and he does look rough and tough with those fists. I'll bet he'll give that little girl a fight next time she attempts to bite him!

Lorrie said...

Hi Sharon, little Luke definitely looks like Joy! Please don't feel guilty about not being able to keep him every day--it does take an enormous amount of energy, plain and simple. You can show your love for Luke and for Joy in other ways when you're all together.

I am so very sick of this cold and snow and cannot wait for spring to come!

Sue said...

Luke looks JUST LIKE Joy. He is such a doll. I know what you mean about not being able to keep a child "full-time"....been there...done that. I started keeping Griffin when Amy started back teaching, but after awhile I told her that he'd have to go to daycare. I was too old. It's alot more fun to just spoil them. If we have them all the time, we'd have to discipline too much....leave that to mama!

BECKY said...

Hi Sharon! I am glad you're posting anyway! I haven't posted much either, but am always blessed when I do!!

I understand what you mean! I have no physical issues to contend with, but I don't know if I could handle constant care of a little one...even my 4 yo grandy!! I still have an 11 yo home, with her 21 yo sister! That's enough for me right now. If I HAD to I would, but I don't!! Thank you Lord!!!

Keep posting! We miss ya when you're gone!
HUGS,
Becky

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

These are two peas in a pod. lol
Yes they look very much a like and darling pictures.
Enjoyed reading your post and I am like you I am so ready for warmer sunnier weather.
Take care
Maggie

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

So glad that you stopped by.....Its rainy and dreary here.....

MarilynK said...

Luke is such a good lookin' lil fella! he and Joy look very much alike..glad to be on-board with ya in blogland, you make me laugh!