The changing of seasons here can be rather dramatic! My favorite season is...........Tornado season! And it's coming up. I love storms and tornados are just the best!!! I know I'm weird but to me nothing shows the power and majesty of God like a tornado or a good ole thunderstorm. All that rain makes for a good nap, too! Once several years ago, a tornado swept through our area while I was in Walmart. Good bet I'll be in Walmart when anything happens around here. I didn't even know a storm was expected until I saw the warning and weather maps on the TVs in the store. Decided I'd get myself home before it hit so I headed for the checkout line and got through as quickly as possible. When I headed out the door the sky in front of me was clear and bright but for some reason I did notice that I was the only one leaving the store. I didn't get 20 feet away from the door and the rain began to over take me from behind. The wind roared and rain pellted me so hard I though I was going to die. No joke, I seriously thought I was going to die!! And of course my car was parked wwwwaaaayyyy down at the very end of the row. Most people with normal intelligence would have probably turned around and gone back when the rain started but I figured I was wet anyway, may as well go on. I'm telling you I've never been in such a bad storm in my life. In fact, I later learned that the tornado had gone directly overhead. It didn't drop down on me but I was definitely in the wall cloud or something. Anyway, I was terrified. I had over $100 worth of groceries in the buggy but when I got to the car I just let it go and got in the car. I could hardly get the door open the wind was blowing so hard. Once inside the car, it began to rock like it was going to fly up in the air. Oh, my ---I just sat there trembling. And I was mad as heck, too!!!! I was mad -no the better way to describe it is "I was pissed"-- because I didn't see any angels or have the Lord tell me I was going to be OK. I really thought with that sort of experience I should see or hear something from the other side if I was really loved and accepted! But I didn't see or hear a thing except my heart pounding. I know you can't believe this but I was really MAD at God for not saying something!!!!! Finally, the storm passed and I got out soaked to the bone, still shaking so badly I had trouble opening the hatch on my Durango and I chased down that buggy of groceries! Got them loaded in the back of the car (slung them in really) and was able to drive off with all those folks standing under the Walmart cover still watching me. I wonder what they thought about that idiot in the storm. Oh well, who cares! I told several people at work about my experience and did get some comfort about not getting any messages from the Lord in the storm. Seems it just wasn't my time to go so I didn't need any message. Still I think there was a message in there somewhere. See, snow is just nowhere near that exciting.
Sharon
7 comments:
okay, I love the excitement of a good tornado coming right at me too! and hurricane season brings the most thrills because of all the spinoff tornadoes that come with those! we may be strange...
snow is calm and kind of boring in the south..now if we should ever have a blizzard, i may change my mind.
So sorry you didn't get a snow that you can really get excited about. If you want, I'll send you some of ours. Within a week..2 storms...we had 40 inches. Tonight I hear on the news we may be getting more on Monday.
Stay cool,
Pat
Hey Sharon, yes, we do act silly over the snow and I am sure the people in Baltimore,MD would love to send us some. We enjoyed it as well, but have not liked the ice still trying to hang around. Yesterday I drove to work on the interstate there was a number of wrecks, several vehicles were totaled. You will have to read about my experience after arriving to work.....WHEW!!! Happy Valentines Day
You can have some of our snow Sharon--our part of NC has already had more than twice the normal amount we usually get from December through March! I am so ready for Spring!
I'm don't think I could live in snow country! I'm going stir crazy as it is. I do know what you mean about storms...I love a good thunderstorm...but, I'm not sure I'm going to be so happy about tornadoes this year since I'm living in "tornado alley" and my baby boy is now living in a mobile home! But I do love watching the storm clouds, thunder and lightening...awe inspiring! Please hurry up springtime...I'm ready!
You love tornado season??!!!!! Oh goodness ... I reckon I'd be terrified!! Great story though Sharon, glad you came out of it all unscathed ;o)
Hugs,
Joy :o)
Oh....daffodils, how lovely. It seems like such a long time till ours will show their lovely faces! Have a wonderful weekend!! Oh, and by the way...I love your pups!!
Post a Comment