Thursday, February 25, 2010

Feeling better.....

Thank goodness, I'm finally feeling better. I believe I've slept my way to a cure for this crud. Haven't slept so much in all my life. I want to share with you a beautiful prayer that my friend Marilyn posted on Facebook last week. I've never seen the prayer and I'll bet some of you may not know of it either. I do believe it could be a life changing prayer for us all. Here it is

Jesus Prayer by Cardinal John Henry Newman(This prayer was recited daily after Communion by Mother Teresa of Calcutta and her Sisters of Charity.

Dear Jesus,

Help me to spread your fragrance wherever I go. Flood my soul with your spirit and life. Penetrate and possess my whole being so utterly that my life may only be a radiance of yours. Shine through me and be so in me that every soul I come in contact with may feel your presence in my soul.Let them look up and see no longer me, but only Jesus! Stay with me and then I will begin to shine as you shine, so to shine as to be a light to others.

The light, O Jesus, will be all from you; none of it will be mine. It will be you, shining on others through me. Let me thus praise you in the way which you love best, by shining on those around me. Let me preach you without preaching, not by words but by example, by the catching force, the sympathetic influence of what I do, the evident fullness of the love my heart bears for you.


In this season of Lent it may be a good to take up this prayer daily instead of giving up something. If we pray this and really mean it, life will never be the same! Thanks for sharing this with us Marilyn! Till later----
Sharon

10 comments:

Lorrie said...

What a lovely and inspiring prayer Sharon. Thanks so much for sharing it. I'm so glad that you're feeling better now!

squawmama said...

Beautiful prayer and I am so happy that you're feeling better.... The CRUD is definately going around.
(((HUGS)))
Donna

Pat said...

Glad to hear you're recovering from the creep crud. Sending wishes for a wonderful weekend,
Pat

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Beautiful prayer...thanks for sharing...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Designs on 47th Street said...

Such a powerful prayer Sharon. Yes, this is one to say everyday and mean it! I am very sorry to hear you have been sick. Good to know you are on the flip side and perking up by now.
Thanks for your visit today. Maybe when the weather gets nice to can talk a neighbor into taking walks with you. That would be a great start. I love walking with a friend or daughter. Seems you can solve most of your problems with a nice companion to walk and talk with! :)

Donna

Lorilee said...

It is a lovely prayer. I'm glad to hear you are feeling better.
Blessings,
Lorilee

Bren Haas said...

Your thoughts and words of praise are wonderful. I love the feeling and testimony you share on your blog. I am a gardener who followed a quilter to your page. I noticed you like RVing toO!

Stay well my new blogger friend!

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Sharon this prayer is really what I needed to read today. Your a doll for sharing it with us.
So sorry you have had the crud. I have been trying my best not to get it but my luck may run out. lol
So happy I came by here today and read this prayer.
Have you entered by chocolate giveaway. If not please do
Love
Maggie

Lorrie said...

Hi Sharon it's so good to hear from you, I was just thinking of you! I agree with you about being tired of winter. I haven't read the Miss Julia, books but I've been meaning too. I'll have to remember next time I'm at the library.

Picket said...

Hey girl....so glad you're feeling better...it is rough with this hot one day and cold one day weather we are having...that is a beautiful prayer....and happy anniversary to you sweetie..many many more to come....take care girl and have a great week and stay warm...it is freezing tonight! ~Picket~