Monday, February 22, 2010

Just a quick note to let you know I'm still here. I've been sick for the last week and just have not felt like doing anything! You may remember that I kept Luke the Friday we had the first of our snows here in Bama. Well that night he ran a 102 degree fever. The next morning his mother took him to the doctor. Ear infection and congestion in his chest. Poor baby was really sick for about 4 days and he is only 3 months old. Still has some congestion. Anyway, the following Tuesday I started with a scratchy throat and ears that felt stopped up. Let me just say it went downhill from there. I can not remember having a cold this bad in years! Nose is running and sneezing, cough with deep chest congestion----the works. I know you've heard of typhoid Mary; now I'm calling Luke "Coryza Luke". Coryza is the medical name for the common head cold. The last couple of days have been beautiful with temps in mid to upper 60s and sunshine! Would you believe our weather forecast is calling for snow flurries on Wednesday?!! No accumulation expected but with this rollercoaster temperature weather, we are going to all be sick. Will spring please hurry up and get here! Oh well, sniff sniff - awchoo!! I'm going to bed. Talk to you later!
Sharon

5 comments:

Lorrie said...

Sorry to hear you've been sick Sharon, glad you're on the mend. We had a beautiful sunny weekend here, cold rain today and we will have snow showers on Wednesday. I agree that Spring can't get here soon enough!

Unknown said...

Just wanted to say, Get Well Soon!

Elizabeth-Plain and Simple said...

Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well. My husband and I have had a head cold as well . . . and it has been hard to get rid of. We are still not completely over it and it has been over a month. I loved the warm temps we had over the weekend. I opened all our windows and aired the house out . . . hoping to get rid of any lingering cold germs :) Have a nice week and I hope you get to feeling better very soon.

BECKY said...

Hi Sharon, I'm praying for you gal, for health and Spring!! We're getting a touch down here, but it's going to get chilly again for a few days!! ARGH!!! Us Floridians need some time to thaw out!! We have thin skin, you know??

Hope you feel all better soon!!
Love and hugs,
Becky

susan said...

Sharon-Hope you are feeling better by now! I have a Luke too--my youngetst son. I just love the name. Take care and stay warm!