
It was a beautiful, sunny, warm March 2nd some 41 years ago today when Charlie and I married. Married at my parent's home, the crab apple tree was blooming and just gorgeous! Can you see in that girl's face that she thought she could handle anything that was to come. Had the world by the tail; in control. HA!!! And now 41 years later, it went so fast! We've raised three wonderful children; not perfect but still wonderful. And there are three grandchildren that we both adore. Life is good and God is good all the time.

Here we are with our parents all of whom are now gone to Glory! I miss them all but my Mother most of all. She would really love some time with our little Luke. She, like me, always had a special place in her heart for babies. I still have that place; just don't have the strength any more. I'm older now than any of our parents in this picture. Time is a thief; robs you of everything if left alone. And who can do anything about time. Still I'd love to have all these folks back.
We are celebrating quietly tonight. David is spending the night. His mother was to work late into the night but as things turned out that was not necessary. She called David to see if he wanted her to pick him up after Boy Scouts so he wouldn't have to spend the night. No, he said. Love it. He wants to spend the night with Nanee and PawPaw!
Today was a cold dreary day in Central Alabam but north of here was a good snow for today. It's still on the ground from what the News people reported. Looks beautiful but I prefer the warm, sunny, bright kind of day it was 41 years ago. Maybe tomorrow.
Till Later!!!
Sharon
10 comments:
Happy Anniversary!!! This year will be 38 for us. Time does fly and I don't want to think about how much faster it's going to go. Loved seeing your wedding picture. You were a beautiful bride. I miss my mama so much too. There are times when my grandchildren do something and I'll say, "Wonder what Nanny would be saying!"
Happy Anniversary!
You are a good looking couple, and such a pretty bride.
Happy Anniversary. I know what you mean about time being a thief. I have been thinking alot about that one lately as more and more of our family members and friends are leaving us . . . it can make one sad but today is a happy day. . . 41 years together is a reason to celebrate. Enjoy and have a nice week.
Blessings,
Elizabeth
Happy Anniversary, Sharon! Aren't grandchildren wonderful? My 9 year ole still loves to stay with Granny! We got some of that snow here...huge wet flakes! Have a wonderful celebration!...hugs...Debbie
Happy Anniversary! You looked gorgeous as a bride! Charlie looked pretty good, too! 41 years have been good to you both! And I'm with you...a warm, sunny, bright kind of day day would be nice! Hopefully we'll get that this weekend!
Happy Anniversary. I think that country song is right..."Don't Blink". Been thinking about that alot as time just seems to fly by. Wishing you a wonderful day.
Pat
Happy Anniversary Sharon! Love seeing the wedding photo and the one with your parents. Time really does fly by--it will be 34 for us this June. I am very blessed to still have both my parents living. Hope your weather warms up and the sun starts to shine!
Happy Anniversary Sharon! Sweet pictures and darling couple! You are such a pretty lady!
I love your motor home! It is beautiful! King size bed and a washer/dryer...what more would a girl want! I am so happy for you! Can't wait to see your sweet touches throughout it!
Have a wonderful day Sharon!
Hugs,
Maryjane
Oh Sharon, I'm a day late wishing you and your better half a Happy Anniversary! Your wedding dress was a lot like mine. Time does fly when your having fun, maybe not always but we are blessed to find our best friend as a partner. I miss my Mom and Dad so much it still hurts to know they are no longer with us. Thanks for sharing with us and I hope tomorrow is a sunny day for you.
Just start cutting...
Keep Stitchen'
Bonnie
Love the prayer below
Happy Anniversary. Ours was the first and we have been married for 36ys. Now we just talk about what we used to do, as we sit in our recliners and grunt when we move, haha
Post a Comment