I don't really like to post unless I have a photo to post as well but if I don't post without a photo I may not post again for a long, long time. It has been rather hectic at our house since I posted last. Pop has had some more problems with blood pressure and the stomach bug has gone through our family. Let's start with Pop. He has always been our DIY man so this time it was painting the den ceiling that was his job. It is a 24' X 24' room so it is a fairly large area to paint and being overhead painting made it worse. He was almost finished about three hours into the job when he got off the ladder to re-fill the paint tray. I was upstairs looking at something on YouTube David wanted to show me when we both heard a loud crash from downstairs. In about 3 seconds we heard Pop calling for help. I'm pretty sure he had a syncopial episode (fainting) this time and fell into the 5 gallon bucket of Kilz in the kitchen floor. There was probably about 3 gallons left in the bucket and most of that went on the floor. Could not get the man to let me call the Paramedics!!! Sometimes he is very difficult to live with. He got a big knot on his head and had bruised in places you wouldn't expect but he did survive and regained his strength in about two days. Still don't have the den ceiling finished but I can't really tell it. We just decided to cut one of his blood pressure medicines in half (I'm NOT recommending that to anyone!!!!! ) and he has done better since then. I must say I have some wonderful backdoor neighbors! I called and they both came right to the rescue. Helped with Pop and with the paint clean up. Called my oldest son and he was right here, too. Without them, that kitchen floor would still be ceiling white!
Then there is the GI bug that has gone through the family!!! It has gone through Joy's family with David having it last Friday. Poor fella. That was the last day of Spring Break and he was scheduled to go hiking with the Scouts. Missed his hiking trip and was a sick young man for a while. Then this past Monday the babysitter quit for a better job!!!! So, that meant I had Luke to keep until a Daycare could be found. Made it through Monday and Tuesday but by Wednesday I was in desparate need of relief. Joy found someone to keep him Wednesday morning and then she brought him by about 1PM. I had not felt well all day but later that evening just after his daddy picked up Luke the wretching started!!!! I had had diarrhea all day but I'm here to tell you that was as bad a GI bug as I've ever had. I got it from Luke!!! England had Typhoid Mary and we have Gut Rot Luke! Well I took one phenergan and was out for 24 hours! Then yesterday was a day in bed to recover my strength. So that brings you up to date with my very interestng life!! And I promise, if I can't do any better with a post than this in the future I just won't post at all.
Hope you have a wonderful weekend! And stay well!
Sharon
13 comments:
Goodness, I'm glad your feeling better. Sorry to hear about hubby and the mess he created. Hope he's okay too. Sometimes when it rains it pours. Good to hear from you though....I'll keep you in my prayers.
Sharon...so sorry you've had so many health issues at your house. Hopefully the springtime sun and breezes will clear out the bad and brighten up your days.
Have a wonderful weekend,
Pat
Oh my goodness Sharon ... with all that going on there just has to be brighter days ahead!!!
Take care,
Hugs,
Joy :o)
Sorry that you had such a rough time but glad all of you are doing better.
Oh my, I'm glad you're feeling better. So sorry pops took that fall...men can be so stubborn sometimes...but glad he's okay!
Have a wonderful week...hugz,
Michele
I meant to leave a comment on this earlier and just didn't...
Thanks for all your support! I've needed it!
Hopefully things will get better in your home as well as mine!
PS...don't worry about posting without a photo. You write so well, we don't need it!
OMG Sharon, what a story about your hubby. I hope that both of you are recovered now and that you've had a blessed Easter.
What a time you have had!! I can't imagine the kitchen floor with all that paint...but happy your husband wasn't hurt worse than he was. I know that it's rough keeping a little one...I tried with Griffin, but after so long told Amy that he'd have to go to daycare. I was too old for that.
Bless your heart! You get better now so you can get in that motor~home of yours and hit the road with DH! Happy Spring Sharon!
Hugs,
Maryjane
Hi Sharon! I hope things in your house get better soon! Thanking of you...hugs...Debbie
Boy, you did have a week of misery, I surely hope all is well now. And the ceiling is done.:)
Hugs,
Chris
Oh my what a post. So sorry I found this when I came by to check on you.
Hope by this time everything is better and no more bad news.
Take care of yourself
Love
Maggie
Hi Sharon ~ I've missed your posts! Hope everything is well!
Thanks so much for stopping by and for the wonderful advice. I'm hoping Cassie and I can get this worked out sooner rather than later. I miss my grandbaby!
Hugz,
Michele
Post a Comment