Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Baby It's Cold Outside!!!!!

By this time tomorrow evening, central Alabama could very possibly be under a blanket of snow and for sure the high temps will not be above freezing until next week. So-----Pop went down and chopped up that tree that caused his trip to the hospital a couple of weeks ago and I went for bread, milk and peanut butter. Now we are all set. That is, we would be set if my order of Miss Julia books had arrived today. Since they didn't, probably won't get them to read while snowed in. If we don't lose power I can blog!

Pop has an appointment with his dermatologist tomorrow so Sunday he SHAVED OFF HIS BEARD!!! I can't tell you how exciting that is to me. I married a clean shaved man that I thought was the cutest little somebody I'd ever seen but about 10 years ago he grew a full beard and mustache. I hate it! He has problems with skin cancer so he shaved it off so the dermatologist could check the skin under his beard. The doctor's office called today and the office will be closed tomorrow for the snow emergency. HaHaHaHa!! His appointment has been rescheduled for February 2. Oh, be still my heart! That means I get my clean shaved husband back for a little while longer. Just look how much better he looks.


You can see he is keeping that fire going and we will as long as it is this cold.
You can also see the paint spot beside the fire place where I'm trying to decide what color to paint the den. Sorry!
Just have to have one picture of Luke in this post. He is growing so fast and changing every day. Is this not darling?!!!!


Where ever you are stay warm and safe. This seems to be a really hard winter but maybe it will be a short one, too. Till later -- ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!

7 comments:

BECKY said...

Hi Sharon! Yes gal it is soooo cold even here in central Florida!! We had snow when we lived in south Alabama...just a light dusting, but it was lovely and NO shoveling or sleet!!

My hubby was clean-shaven also when we met!! HA - HA That was in 6th grade!! He has had a mustache for years and went to a full beard and mustache like 15 years ago. I love it either way. He might look a bit younger if he shaved, but it sure would be weird!!

Stay warm gal!! We're trying to!!
HUGS,
Becky

Lorrie said...

It's really, really cold here too Sharon and we may get some snow later tomorrow, but it sounds like you're going to really get socked. Stay warm and cozy!

Joy said...

Oh I know EXACTLY where you're coming from dear Sharon!! My DH had a mo when we married ... then for years he had a full (bushy) beard, then back to the mo again. Now he's clean shaven and I LOVE it!!!!
Stay warm, we're sweating it out down here in Oz!!
Hugs,
Joy :o)

Sue said...

I sure hope we get snow (and the power stays on so we can see the game tonight). It's exciting since snow is so rare here. I think we have enough "snow" food stocked and it's beautiful to see. Luke is growing so fast and he is the cutest thing...I know you are a proud grandma!

Michele said...

Hi Sharon ~ Very handsome hubby indeed! I'm not one for beards either...Glenn has a little gotee (sp) and I can deal with that!

Little Luke is just too precious for words. He and my little grandson Liam share the same birthday! Liam is having a little reflux trouble, but I've been spoiling him none the less! Cassie is a wonderful mother...can't believe my little girl is a momma!

Big hugz,
Michele

Anonymous said...

Hope you're staying warm today! We've been having snow off and on all day. I went out to sweep it off the deck and steps, but was too late for the driveway...about an inch of ice under the snow. So, you both be careful out there.

I was on edge last night watching the game...I'm so glad we pulled through! Roll Tide

Nishant said...

.just a light dusting, but it was lovely and NO shoveling or sleet!!

Work from home India