Sunday, October 11, 2009

Surprise---I'm Still Here!!!!!

For those of you who have been faithful blog friends to me, I wouldn't blame you for never dropping by again, but I'm back and I hope you will come again soon. I just can't post everyday but I really hope that I won't be gone again as long as I have this time. Can't really say why I haven't posted totally but there were several things going on that contributed to my absence. One big reason is Facebook and all those games I do on FB. I have two farms and an apartment and small house in Yoville. Is that not the dumbest thing you have ever heard!!! They aren't even real but I've been massive amounts of time amassing an imaginery fortune and spending the it! Silly but true. The games have been a lifesaver for me as I have once again mushed my way through one family crisis after another. Long story/stories short: baby boy is still separated but not divorced (after 14 months of separation)and Cassie is the loser in all of this as she tries to determine where her home is. Daughter is married and pregnant and not in the correct order but she is married and pregnant anyway. We will be grandparents again in November and it is another boy. I did not know she was pregnant until Tuesday night before she got married on Saturday. Not enough time for me to process all that. And I'll never pooh paw anyone again who says they didn't know their daughter was pregnant!!! She has actually lost 10 and is only just now beginning to look pregnant. She got married on the afternoon of Saturday, August 15 and after the ceremony they changed clothes, brought in the trucks and moved her and David to their own house. Just that quickly, we went from a family of four to just me and Pop. It's been over 40 years since is was just the two of us. Think I should get a job? The best thing that has happened has been the motorhome. We have done a little traveling and I can tell you, I've found something I really like. I'm just so torn while we are gone because I miss David and Cassie. (Is there anyone else in the world who has two grandchildren named David and Cassidy?) No we didn't plan those names well. Any way we were gone the month of June and again the month of September. And I just retired in June so I really am not bored with home yet. We have visited lots of the national parks that are battlefields including Manassa, Gettysburg, Richmond (not all of it), Valley Forge, Yorktown, Jamestown Island, and Williamsburg and then Fort Ligonier that were not National Parks. We also visited Mammoth Cave Park. And we stayed 2 weeks in the Lancaster, Pennsylvania area visiting the Amish country. Beautiful farms!!!!! Just can't tell you how much we enjoyed the trips. I'll post some pictures as time goes by. Already planning our next trip but with a new grandbaby coming we may not go again until after the first of the year. And, if you didn't know, campers are some of the nicest folks in the world; we've made some wonderful new friends. Ok, so now you know what's been going on with me. Here are a couple of pictures from this summer and I'll talk with you later. Till then, God bless.
This picture is made in the Mammoth Cave National Park and I'm shooting through our windshield, which was not clean. We took one of the roadtrips through the park. Along the way we came to a sign that said "Road ends in the water". And for sure it did!! Can you imagine having the job of driving this ferry. Not a really well travelled road so you just sit and wait for someone to need to be ferried over to the other side. I not one for water, bridges or ferries so this was a challenge for me but actually turned out to be kinda fun. Since we survived with no untoward events!! Since I can't get this computer to load up another picture and most of them are on my laptop, this will have to do for tonight. Will post more tomorrow if possible.

4 comments:

Lorrie said...

Hi Sharon,It's good to hear from you. No need to apologize for being busy and away from home. You surely have had lots going on with family too. What a huge life change to be on your own again after so long. I'm glad the motor home travel has proven to be so enjoyable for you both. I look forward to seeing photos when you post them.

Sue said...

I'm happy to hear from you but understand that sometimes a break is needed from blogging. I don't post nearly as often as I once did. I enjoy reading other posts but feel that I don't have anything that would be of interest to others. I'm glad you are enjoying your motorhome. This is a way to see the country for sure. I hope things get settled with Cassie real soon. Sometimes children suffer the most in situations.

Zaroga said...

Wonderful to hear from you again Sharon. You have been busy. Yes, campers are the nicest people. I think that is Frank's favorite part about traveling... meeting people. Don't get a job.. it will tie you down and you won't get to travel that much. How about volunteering.

Facebook... I've gotten addicted to the farms. Need a neighbor... look me up; I'm the only Zaroga :-) I don't dare try the city or sorority life.

YaYa's Funhouse said...

Hi Sharon,
I've been tardy in blogging as well.
This twins are going so. Lil Mom has gone back to work. She is R.N also. She is working for GI Assoc Clinic. I think she will like it once she gets adjusted. Heaven help, I too have gotten involved in Farmtown, farmville. Did you know there was another named Lil Farm? It is VERY TIME consuming. I haven't read one book since getting sucked into this.
I love hearing of your travels. I will continue to stop by. Enjoy.
yaya