Thursday, October 15, 2009

Cassie's belated birthday party!

I know I promised travel pictures but just have to share some of Cassie and her party we gave for her 3rd birthday. We were away on her actual birthday so we were a month and two days late with her party but I think that helped it be a real surprise for her. First we had fried chicken dinner for all my children. That was one of their favorite meals growing up. Then we got her Dad to distract her and decorated for her party! She loved it!
Cassie is like her Daddy and loves fried chicken!!! That little police car in the background is a peddle car her Daddy got for her birthday. You never know what kids are really going to key in on from childhood but he bought that little car because of the peddle car he had as a child. I never knew he even liked that peddle car when he was a kid! By the way, we still have that peddle car. All three of my children played withit as young children.She dug into the cake her Aunt GoGo (Joy) made for her and put into Cassie's very own tupperware cake carrier!
Joy had cup up a Reese's cup and put on top of the cake. Here Cassie finally decided to try that stuff on top of the cake so she carefully picked up a piece of the candy and popped it in her mouth.
Once in ther mouth, it was not what she expected. You could just see her little mind going, "What the heck is this?" And then.....Out it came into Daddy's hand. It was really funny. She was not deterred at all and when right back to the cake. Then came the gifts.Every gift was "Oh, my favorite". Here she is opening her Dora Talking Backpack. Pop and I gave her dress up outfits and a tea set we bought at Shadymaple Smorgasbord while in Pennsylvania. You can imagine how upset I was when I wrapped the teaset and discovered there was no lid for the sugar bowl!!! But Cassie didn't notice that at all and once she got all dressed up in her princess dress and magic wand, we had a tea party.
It was really a wonderful party that I will remember fondly forever! When I'm old, old ('cause I'm already old) and alone and sitting in that awful nursing home room, I'll think of her in this dress having our tea party and you can be sure I'll be smiling. We need lots of good memories like this to keep us company in our old, old age. That is, if God sees fit for us to get to that old, old age! I trust that I will see you there in our old, old age!

Sharon


3 comments:

Sue said...

GRANDCHILDREN are the best!! I am sure Cassie will remember this party forever. I think it's neat that she had a surprise later...she had a birthday season!

YaYa's Funhouse said...

you certainly surprised her with that birthday party. We will have our 1st year birthday party next month and looking forward to many more....to make memories for those old, old days. Yes, I have gotten "bitten" by Farmtown and Farmville. I am making a conscious effort to trrrryyyy to not let it consume all my time. I don't think I have read one book since starting those crazy games....ugh!!!

Anonymous said...

Yay...what a great birthday party! Happy you're back to blogging!